Re: Re: Repeater on the Orbital Recovery Vehicle.

Folks

As some of you may know, I am now the chief technology officer of a company called Orbital Recovery (www.orbitalrecovery.com) and I may possibly have a solution.

We need a frequency agile telemetry system for our bird.  It is going to GEO orbit and it has a massive power budget after it docks with its intended GEO comsat.

As I am very interested in helping the art survive and prosper I want you guys to think about the following.

If the amateur community would help us develop our frequency agile radio we would then provide weight (no more than a few kg), plenty of power, and facility for some antennas on our bird.  Now its mission will be to dock with a C or Ku/Ka band GEO comsat and so the ham frequencies used would have to be on a non interference basis but I would be willing to discuss this at length how we might be able to make this work.

Keith or whoever is serious about this please email me at my skycorp email address at wingod@skycorpinc.com or we can discuss it here.

I am interested only in serious inquiries and a group who is willing to be dedicated to taking this from concept all the way to flight.  Obviously someone like Bdale or any of the good RF guys that are out there are welcome.  This would be on a tradesy basis in that we give AMSAT the flight opportunity for free in return for the telemetry transceiver on our bird.

We are looking at launching in Q3-05 as a secondary payload on Ariane 5 (the SELDA big secondary space below the two comsats).

Let me know.

Onward and upward for the amateur community!

Dennis
KD4ETA