Satellite Contact Reporting Analysis and Prediction (SCRAP) now with APRS

Several weeks ago I introduced SCRAP as a free software product to the
amateur community. Many thanks to those users that have already tried it and
provided feedback.

SCRAP has now been modified to display APRS stations on the world globe
using Internet downloads.  The latest version can track and plot up to
30,000 APRS station.  I've been able to download and display slightly over
5000 stations.

SCRAP is a Windows(95+) application using OpenGL and GLUT (modified) that
tracks and predicts passes of satellites based on the geographical location
of the ground station, the current date and time as provided by the computer
systemís clock, and Keplerian orbital data for the satellites of interest to
the ground station.  The software is capable of tracking over 2000
satellites real-time, as well as producing contact reports.  In addition to
the satellites, it provides ground labeling for over 260 countries and 2265
Cities.  The user is able to pick from many Earth map textures, apply
island, lake, rivers, US states, coastal lines and national boundaries
lines.

SCRAP.zip contains the basics to get started, you can download the
additional graphic Earth texture files later.

	Primary PPT presentation on the product
		http://www.rtty.com/bytheway/SCRAP
	Alternate PPT presentation site is at
		http://wetnet.net/~aa6ed/
	Download SCRAP (bypass the PPT presentation)
		- Primary Site http://www.rtty.com/bytheway/SCRAP/download
		- Alternate Site http://wetnet.net/~aa6ed/SCRAP/download

SCRAP is similar to Analytic Graphics STK, Aerospace SOAP, Predict and
InstantTrac software, with the exception that it is truly Windows based, has
been tested on Windows 95, 98 and 2000 and is free.

All software has been home grown at the Bytheway Software Development Lab
(BSDL) and is free of viruses and pesticides.  This software is new to the
amateur radio community.  Please feel free to write me directly at
aa6ed@arrl.net with suggestions and comments.

73,
Bill Bytheway
AA6ED