Re: Re: Repeater on the Moon or geosat

Imagine a standardised AMSAT geosat payload that would only be activated
AFTER the main payload has died or been declared no longer required and when
the sats have been moved to their higher orbits.
<<

Hello All.

I see a few problems with this novel ideal.

Not the least of which is that Most of the birds that are boosted out of the
geosynch are also turned off.  If we are going to have some auxillary
payload on say a three axis stablized vehicle then we would have to get the
folks who know how to control it to do so...or we would hvae to develop the
expertise in the amateur community to do so.  Since these vehicles are
controlled on commercial frequencies that to might be an issue.

Robert