Re: Who Makes a Mast-Mounted Up-Converter (2m to 1.2 GHz) plus RF Power Amplifier

John,

I haven't kept up with this but have one ot the original 15w units (in fact
serial no. 2).  My guess the idea is to separate the convertor from the 15w
PA which may be placed at the antenna terminal to maximize power output
without using expensive low-loss feedline.  The 15w PA only requires 0.75 w
drive so you can withstand 6 dB line loss from the 3w convertor to it.

Ed - AL7EB
BTW I also own a DEM 144/1296 3w xvtr for EME and non-sat use.  I will use
it with a 15w PA, 7289-100w PA, and TH-328 amp to achieve 500w on 1296.