RE: Toronto

At 11:33 AM 4/25/2003 -0400, Arthur H Feller wrote:
>At 09:04 AM 25-04-03 -0300, paul.willmott@omsl.bm wrote:
>>the panic is a real over-reaction,
>>... but then that is what the human race does best :^(
>
>Indeed.
>
>>Anyway, ... all that said no-one has yet answered my question, ... is there
>>a fall back plan should this panic continue for much longer? I was going to
>>come to the Toronto get-together, but may now be *allowed* to come for the
>>above stated reasons.
>
>The CDC and WHO statements are barely days old.  Both the course of the
>disease (which may be well controlled by October) and AMSAT plans need a
>chance to develop.  "Plans" don't happen overnight, as you might imagine.
>
>At the same time, Robin tells me that other sites are being investigated
>now just in case a change of venue turns out to be needed.  Stay tuned.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>73, art.....
>W4ART Fairfax, VA

Just reading the mail here:  But I do think this is jumping the gun as the
meeting is months away.  By then the WHO may signal and "all clear" for
Toronto, providing the emergency is over...if not then maybe we will all
stay home!

A suggestion for a change of venue...maybe Vancouver, BC or Calgary, AB?  I
know that is closer to Alaska ;-)

73, Ed - AL7EB