Re: 2.4GHZ jamming?

Makis wrote:

>   Hi AMSATs
>
> I wondering what happen with "Short Range Devices used for Radio Local Area
>Networks" (RLANs) operating in the frequency band 2400 - 2483.5 MHz.
>
>Has anyone any jamming on AO40 Download frequency?   There are several
>Metropolitan Networks now in use !
>And probably they don't using just wireless Ethernet cards, but external
>antennas also with much higher output power!
>
>   I began wondering during my tests, when the A040 was on very Low
>Elevation and Bearing 230-260°, ideal for QSOs with most parts of United
>States. But, in this bearing and elevation angle I have  extremely high
>level of noise.
>
> I 'm looking for the noise source....  any idea, welcome !
>
>  73, Mak SV1BSX
>
>SS: a link about harmonised frequencies, technical characteristics and
>exemption from individual licensing of RLANs:
>http://www.ero.dk/doc98/official/Word/DEC0107E.DOC
>

>sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
>http://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx
>

>----

Additional information:

In addition to 802.11B WiFi equipment, other offenders can be 2.4 Ghz
phones, and Microwave Ovens, which produce hundreds of very dirty watts
of microwave energy at about 2.3 Ghz, and at least a few milliwatts leak
out of almost every one of them. There are also some government uses in
and near the 2.4 Ghz band (are you near a military base?)
Check out the link here for a full table of allocations.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/spectrum/table/fcctable.pdf