Re: 2.4GHZ jamming?

Makis wrote:

>   Hi AMSATs
>
> I wondering what happen with "Short Range Devices used for Radio Local Area
>Networks" (RLANs) operating in the frequency band 2400 - 2483.5 MHz.
>
>Has anyone any jamming on AO40 Download frequency?   There are several
>Metropolitan Networks now in use !
>And probably they don't using just wireless Ethernet cards, but external
>antennas also with much higher output power!
>
>   I began wondering during my tests, when the A040 was on very Low
>Elevation and Bearing 230-260°, ideal for QSOs with most parts of United
>States. But, in this bearing and elevation angle I have  extremely high
>level of noise.
>
> I 'm looking for the noise source....  any idea, welcome !
>
>  73, Mak SV1BSX
>
>SS: a link about harmonised frequencies, technical characteristics and
>exemption from individual licensing of RLANs:
>http://www.ero.dk/doc98/official/Word/DEC0107E.DOC
>

>sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
>http://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx
>

>----

Traditional Fox-Hunting techniques should locate the worst offenders,
but you will need to work up a mobile setup.  A 16 inch dish with your
downconverter and your favorite portable 2 meter rig, a map, and a
compass can get you started. A portable GPS unit is also helpful but not
absolutely necessary.  Get a bearing from your house, then go mobile,
get another bearing or two. Where the lines cross on the map, you got
your quarry. Move in for a closer look, you may need to attentuate the
signal when you get very close, an attentuator or long length of coax
between the feed and downconverter input can serve this purpose.