RE: Worse than SARS in US...

> > THAT IS 36,500 A YEAR.  WHAT UTTER BS!
> > PLEASE GET YOUR NUMBERS RIGHT.

I had no intent to cast any judgment on guns.  I was simply noting that
lots of people die everyday and the media never puts their hysterical hype
coverage in perspective.  The exact numbers PER DAY for the top cause of
deaths in the USA EVERY DAY were:

5812 from illness (not counting flu and pneumonnia)
 259 from flu and pneumonia
 112 from auto accidents
  92 from guns
  80 from suicide
  54 from accidents in the home and work

These numbers came from the 2000 World ALmanac for the year 1996 which was
the most recent year for which they had full statistics.

No judgement intended other than my disgust with the media hype and lack
of putting things in perspective when they focus their camera in on
someone's tradegy and broadcast it into every living room in the country.

Bob