Re: RE: HF +satellite radio?

I have been following this thread for awhile, and I
have owned both radios.  Here are my impressions:\

1. TS2000-a performance piece of equipment.  Kicks
butt on CW, and pretty good on SSB also.  Tons of
features.  Great IF DSP noise reduction.  Yeah it has
that birdie thing, but when is the last time you were
on AO27 anyway?

2. FT847-piece of trash that does full duplex.  Lacks
the basic features because Yaesu claimed that it is a
"Satellite rig", like satellite users don't care what
their SWR is?  Very broad receiver. Don't need band
scope because you can hear what is happening on the
entire band.  As a successor to the FT736 (Great
VHF/UHF rig) the FT847 was an embarrassment.  Hope
Yaesu gets their act together when they design the
successor to the FT847.

No I am not anti-Yaesu, I own a FT100D and love it.
Also works great on satellites, without the full
duplex.  I just can't figure out why people have this
love affair with the FT847. What do they see in the
rig that I don't?

73s John NE0P

Majordomo@amsat.org