RE: Flattening the UO-14 Nulls

Interesting. I was on the 2345Z pass tonight (max el about 45 deg), and
worked a bunch of stations, but still had fades deep enough to get to no
copy (usually about 15-30 secs). I have the original Arrow antenna, then a
Comet Diplexer, and then an FT530. I expected a null as it went overhead,
but I think I heard at least 3 or 4 more. I have never put the Arrow on an
analyzer, so it may be that. My Ft-530 may be a bit deaf...  what else?

Although I haven't been on UO-14 much, I spent a good portion of 1999 and
2000 on AO-27, so I have a lot of experience with AO-27 and hand holding
antennas, or antennas on camera tripods. I have trees around me (no buds yet
here in New England), but I know I heard the "null" while in blue sky.
Turning the antenna as far as my wrist will go just can't get rid of the
entire null.

I record my passes for logging. I can encode it into a .wma and mail it to
anyone interested who wants to give a listen.

Bill
W1PA