Re: Repeater on the Moon

Mike, Lunatic does come from the word Lunar.  It was once thought the moon
made some people crazy.  They called the crazy people lunatics.  When I
first heard the history of the word, I thought it was funny, but
lately(last few days), I'm beginning to believe there really are lunatics.

If a repeater or transponder on the moon were a good idea, there would
already be a bunch up there.

The vehicle required to put the repeater safely on the moons surface would
probably be bigger and weigh more than AO-40 alone.  That's not counting
the repeater and it's supporting "keep alive" hardware.

I don't think phase 5 is a good idea either, but I don't have to donate to
that one.