AW: Repeater on the Moon

Hi AMSAT's,

> What kind of PR would a ham repeater on the moon produce?
Perhaps the same (sadly little) PR as for AO-40 and P3-E?
Could be much more...

> When's the last time someone put ANYTHING on the moon?

have a look here for an overview of several missions:
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/planets/moonpage.html

LUNAR-A (estimated launch date: 2004-08-01 by ISAS, Japan)
will deploy two "penetrators" to the moon surface and uses
an orbiting satellite for data communication relay purposes.
http://www.isas.ac.jp/e/enterp/missions/index.html
http://www.isas.ac.jp/e/enterp/missions/lunar-a/cont.html

I haven't found any other "neartime" project to touch the
moon's surface...

73 de Oliver, DG6BCE
DG6BCE@aatis.de