PCSat from the "Outback"

     I noticed, (when I had internet access) that PCSat was digipeating some
of my APRS packets but not on every pass.

    I have just come back from a journy across the Australian "Outback" of
about 4600 km. I travelled from my home in Sydney, NSW (~33S 151E) to
Atherton, QLD (~17S 146E) via  places such as Murrurundi, Narrabri, Moree,
St George, Roma, Emerald, Charters Towers and Ravenshoe. The roads are quite
long and straight and in some places are about 4 hour drive between towns
(~450 km) with very few other vehicles seen (can't complain about the Easter
traffic - what traffic). It  is quite easy to maintain 60 knots and watch
the latitude change by a degree per  hour. On the way back I drove along the
coast where there is lots of towns but still pleanty of areas where there
was no terrestial APRS I-gate coverage.

regards,
Murray Peterson
VK2KGM