coax running

Hello
I'm looking for stuff to do while waiting for AO-40.  I have seen
different pictures of your antennas and a few run the coax back up the
boom to the cross boom, over then down the tower.  Many (mine included)
droop the coax off the back of the yagi to the tower.  Is one preferred
over the other?  The drooping method can add weight, the other looks
neater.  Comments?

73...Bob...W7LRD
Seattle