Re: Who Makes a Mast-Mounted Up-Converter (2m to 1.2 GHz) plus RF Power Amplifier

Message: 14
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:20:19 -0700
From: "Eric Rawson" <ericrawson@rawsonoptics.com>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Who Makes a Mast-Mounted Up-Converter (2m to 1.2 GHz)
plus RF Power Amplifier

Having gotten my 2.4 GHz AO-40 receiver working, I need a Mast-Mounted
Up-Converter (2m to 1.2 GHz) plus RF Power Amplifier.  I checked both DEM
and SSB and didn't see one.  Who sells one?  I'd like about 10 Watts of RF
output on 1.2 GHz.

Eric Rawson!

They are called transverters and DEM has one. You would use a 1296-144LP and
then you need a LPA for the 10watts.

Is there some reason you do not whish to use 432MHz for the uplink of AO40?