AMSAT Annual Meeting 2002

To All AMSAT Members,
As your President, I am reviewing the situation for the location of the 2002
Annual Meeting and Space Symposium. Currently this is due to be held in
Toronto later this year in October.
The outbreak of SARS in Toronto has caused some worry by travellers to and
from Toronto, but let me assure you that at present the SCARS outbreak
appears to be under control and is being limited to a few Health care
facilities.
Should the situation change for the worse, the we will make a change
(Washington DC and Orlando are being considered) however current indications
are that within a month the situation will have changed for the better and
that we will continue with  Toronto.
I will keep you updated.
73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH