PCSAT2 on the air

PCSAT2 is on the air for its 200 hour pre-flight burn in test.   Now
scheduled for flight on ISS in September, it should be a fun payload.

We have it transmitting 4 bulletins and a telemetry packet every 10
seconds on both 1200 and 9600 baud on both downlinks, trying to at least
keep the transmitters at a 50% duty cycle without smoking them.

One of those packets every 30 minutes is being routed to the national APRS
frequency of 144.39 where it is being picked up by the woldwide APRS
system and picked up from there onto the pcsat.aprs.org web page.  We want
to see if it runs all weekend witout an anomoly.  It is using the callsign
of W3ADO-2.

One mode for PCSAT2 is a full duplex FM voice repeater for experiments
with ISS (usually just to help with crew communications full duplex so we
can hear the schools).  Here is a thought... when not being used for that
purpose....

We could let "schools" sign up for each pass.  THey then get to be voice
"net control" and they operate the FM transmponder as a directed net.
Such a plan might cut down on the frustration level and improve the
usefulness of such FM transponders.  At least it would be something
different form the free-for-alls we have sometimes now...

Just thinking...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

PCsat2 WEB  page     http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat2.html