RE: Toronto

At 09:04 AM 25-04-03 -0300, paul.willmott@omsl.bm wrote:
>the panic is a real over-reaction,
>... but then that is what the human race does best :^(

Indeed.

>Anyway, ... all that said no-one has yet answered my question, ... is there
>a fall back plan should this panic continue for much longer? I was going to
>come to the Toronto get-together, but may now be *allowed* to come for the
>above stated reasons.

The CDC and WHO statements are barely days old.  Both the course of the
disease (which may be well controlled by October) and AMSAT plans need a
chance to develop.  "Plans" don't happen overnight, as you might imagine.

At the same time, Robin tells me that other sites are being investigated
now just in case a change of venue turns out to be needed.  Stay tuned.

Hope this helps.

73, art.....
W4ART Fairfax, VA