Re: Toronto

sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> I think I heard that there is a State Dept advisory against all travel
> to Toronto/Canada.

Let's stick to facts, please.

The US State Department website says:

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC) April 22 issued an alert for anyone traveling to Toronto,
Canada, because of the occurrence there of numerous cases of severe
acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)."

"CDC Director Julie Gerberding said at a news briefing at CDC
headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, that the alert is "no reason to stay
home," but she urged visitors to Toronto to avoid areas where they could
be exposed to the viral disease, such as hospitals and health care
settings..."

"CDC has issued a more rigorous travel warning for Hong Kong and other
Asian sites of the outbreak, advising that nonessential travel to
these areas be postponed..."

There's nothing here that says "Don't go to Toronto, or face quarantine
on your return."

Spreading such a rumor is irresponsible.

  73 de Maggie K3XS