Re: Re[2]: Don't Hear Nothin'

on 4/24/03 4:02 AM, Reinhard Richter at r.richter@dj1km.de wrote:

> although squint angle is high I can copy the beacon all around the orbit. The
> signal is mostly strong enough so that AO40Rcv tracks automatically, and I get
> quite a high percentage of good CRCs.
>
> I'm receiving with G3RUH dish and patch and DB6NT preampifier connected
> directly to the patch and the DB6NT downconverter in the shack. See details
> at www.dj1km.de.

Then your system must be quite hot!  I've read numerous posts about how
there's a significant null (60 dB or so??) around 45 degrees in the S2
antenna.  A number of people have mentioned they can't copy it at that
point.

Isn't the G3RUH dish just 60 cm?  That's about 2 feet, so you are doing very
good if you are copying the beacon at squints around 45 degrees.  I know the
DB6NT stuff is very good.

That's great!

73,

Jon