Re[2]: Don't Hear Nothin'

Hello Jon,

> With that setup you should hear well enough!  As someone else pointed out,
> the squint isn't good right now.  I believe the S2 helix on AO-40 has a null
> around 45 degrees.  There's a secondary sidelobe around 60 degrees or so.
> It's confusing before you know that!  :-)

although squint angle is high I can copy the beacon all around the orbit. The
signal is mostly strong enough so that AO40Rcv tracks automatically, and I get
quite a high percentage of good CRCs.

I'm receiving with G3RUH dish and patch and DB6NT preampifier connected
directly to the patch and the DB6NT downconverter in the shack. See details
at www.dj1km.de.

73,
 Reinhard (aka Réne)
 DJ1KM