Re: re: Don't Hear Nothin'

on 4/23/03 7:28 PM, KB7ADO@aol.com at KB7ADO@aol.com wrote:

> Per Stacey's last update on April 17th:
>
> "The AO-40 passbands will be turned off at MA=240 (23:50 UTC) on Saturday
> 4/19.  They will remain off for about 4 weeks (or slightly less) until
> conditions improve."

This is correct, but you also didn't include other information Stacey
stated:

On 4/13 he wrote:

"The solar angles will begin increasing rapidly as we move backward and the
passbands will be turned off within a few days until conditions
improve.  The beacon will remain on continuously."

So the beacon is always on.  You can always listen for it to test you your
system and copy telemetry.

73,

Jon
NA9D