Re: joining galvanized metal

on 4/23/03 3:49 PM, Scott Townley at nx7u@cox.net wrote:

> Is it possible to solder galvanized metal together?  Are there any
> fume/chemical issues to be concerned with?  Or is that a welder's job?

There's some stuff you can do.  There's a guy at Dayton every year that
sells these low temperature welding sticks that you can do with galvanized
metal.  I think all you have to do is brush off some of the surface and prep
it.  I know these will work on aluminum but I think they'll do galvanized
metal.  I have his info out in the garage and can send it to you if you
like.

73,

Jon
NA9D