AO 40-Don't Hear Nothin'

Well, I am showing my ignorance probably but I am sitting here in Houston
with my N3IYR pointed at where NOVA with the latest Keps says AO40 ought
to be, my computer synced to wwv, a new DEMI ULN pre amp I just built
(and checked out with a 2.4 gig signal source) an unmodified DRAKE 2880
with 13.3vdc going to it , and  all I hear is
sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at 123.1 MHz on my FT847. GMT is about 1700,
AZ at 123, el at 40.3, clear shot at sky.
Is(are) there something(s) I don't know and should?????Please help>
Thanks 73

Bill, W5PGZ, (AO40 neophyte)