From: William P Gravett [mailto:wgravett@juno.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 1:07 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Don't Hear Nothin'

Well, I am showing my ignorance probably but I am sitting here with my
N3IYR pointed at where NOVA with the latest Keps says AO40 ought to be,
my computer synced to wwv, a new DEMI ULN pre amp I just built (and
checked out with a 2.4 gig signal source) an unmodified DRAKE 2880 with
13.8 vdc going to it , and  all I hear is sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at
123.1 MHz with my FT847. GMT is about 1700, AZ at 123, el at 40.3
Is(are) there something(s) I don't know and should?????Please help>
Thanks 73

Bill, W5PGZ, (AO40 neophyte)