Re: Arabic (?) music on FO-20 !!!

William

An inverting transponder is intended for SSB, however it will pass FM.
When used in it's intended mode (SSB) the downlink mode is opposite to
that of the input, IE: USB in = LSB out..

Also, as you tune your transmitter upwards in frequency through the
passband, the downlink frequency will appear to tune down in frequency.
So, the higher up the input  passband you transmit on the uplink, the
lower down the output passband your downlink signal will appear..

AO-10's uplink is, say 435.100MHz LSB,  the resulting downlink frequency
is about 145.900MHZ USB.  This is known as "Mode B"

 FO-29's uplink is 145.900 - 146.000 LSB and the downlink is 435.800 -
435.900 USB, this is known as  "Mode JA"..

I hope this explains it?

73 de Alan, ZL2VAL..