AMSAT Presence at Arlington Ham Com

Bruce, KK5DO, wrote:

I just realized that I was planning on going to Ham-Com in Arlington
(which
happens to be the ARRL National Convention) but thought it was Dayton.
Heehee.
I was only looking at the date, not the location.

So, is AMSAT going to have a booth at Arlington? I cannot make Dayton as
my son
graduates from UT-Austin that Saturday. But I can make Arlington.

73...bruce

Reply: W5IU

AMSAT has maintained a strong presence at Ham-Com every year since at
least 1982 (and probably earlier).  This year is no exception.  We have
an AMSAT Booth, three hours of forum time, and an opportunity to
participate as a satellite station with the W1AW/5 Special Events
Station.  As usual, we could use good help in the booth and assistance
with programs from "out of town experts/topics."  If AO-40 cooperates,
we could have a good opportunity to show it off.  Hopefully, it will be
at least as good an opportunity as I had at the Green Country Hamfest in
Claremore, OK, last month.  It should be back to nearly ALON/ALAT 0/0 by
then (20-22 June 2003).  My portable setup is certainly available.  The
only question at this point is satellite schedule vs Hamfest schedule.
Guess I'll put 0/0 in Nova and run it for that weekend soon.

73 - Keith, W5IU