Re: re:Linear Trasnponders

> In your first lines you supposed to build a 30kHz wide transponder for
> PSK31 use, so I don't understand the 3kHz now :-{ Maybe you mean a one
> channel PSK31 reciever ?

3kHz would only be one channel if the person transmitting is
splattering REALLY bad .. ;-) .. like the RigBlaster is cranked up way
too high and the signal is almost a square wave.  PSK31 is supposed to
fit into 31 *Hz* .. leaving a little guard band cuts down on the QRM,
but you don't need *that* much room .. or you shouldn't ..

I guess if you were really good with the VFO (and RIT/XIT, etc.) you
could fit one USB voice channel into the 3kHz passband, but that's
about the only mode that would require all 3kHz .. and needless to say,
please nobody actually TRY this ..

"Oh yeah? Well, I speak LOOOOOOOUD, and I carry a BEEEEEEEger stick --
and I use it too!"  **whop!**   -- Yosemite Sam