Re: AO-40 Update 2003-04-17

Stacey,

Your report begs the question of "What happened to the plans to transition
AO-40 to 3 axis stabilization"? The last report (that I remember) occurred
sometime at the end of last summer, and included a detailed plan (posted in
German @ amsat-dl.org) to incrementally attempt 3 axis stabilization (so as
to recover if things went south) beginning in Nov. 2002 when conditions
were favorable. Since that time, I haven't heard any further information. A
quick scan of the amsat-dl archives reveals no further discussion of this
topic. Have I simply missed the follow-up, or is there no new news?

Thanks,

John