Re: AO-40 Update 2003-04-17

Thank you, Stacey, and the entire command team for the super ride.  I
joined the AO-40 fun in early November while recuperating from major
surgery.  What a great time to be free from the salt mine for a few
weeks!  I made excellent use of that time with at grand total of more
than 400 "unique" calls logged and 60 countries worked as well.  The bird
will be missed but I, for one, will be lying in wait for those new DX
stations who just recently came up on the bird.  Hopefully they will
still be there come the end of May.  Reluctantly, in the meantime, I'll
have to be happy with some HF DXing for the next several weeks.  What a
shame one has to rely on "propagation" to perhaps work DX if the big guns
will allow it!!  With this in mind one has to respect (not necessarily
like) LEILA.  She puts everyone who uses the 70 cm. up link on the same
and equal basis.

Thanks again Stacey and the command team, you've done yourself proud.

Happy Easter and 73 to all.

Frank, K0BLT