Re: will this work ?

Tracy,

Answer is Yes you can split it.  You did not specify where the 13.8 vdc for
the downcovertor is derived.  If supplied by a bias-injector like what is
used on lots of the surplus TV convertors, then insert it before splitting
the signal.  Voltage only goes up the feedline to the downcovertor.
However, if you are suppying power from the 910 (external preamp power)
then you need to block voltage going over to the 2m/10m convertor input.
Some suggestions have already been given (use a dc-blocking capacitor that
couples 2m).  Another way would be to use a VHF-TV signal splitter.  Many
only provide a dc path to one leg for this exact purpose.  Of course TV
splitters commonly use F-connectors for RG-59 or RG-6 cable.  This is fine
on the output of a downcovertor due to the ample signal gain avavliable.
The downconvertor output probably uses a F-connector anyway.  Use RG-59
PL259 adaptors for your radio cable ends.

If you go to Radio Shack or other TV-supply for a splitter, ask if the unit
blocks voltage in one direction (not all do); take your ohm-meter along and
check continuity between all the center pins of the splitter to be sure.
You may have to go to a cable-TV or satellite TV supplier if your Radio
Shack is too small (dumb) to help you.

GL,
Ed - AL7EB