will this work ?

Hello,

My dish/downconverter is feeding AO-40 to my IC-910 (IF is 2 meters) with lots
of excess gain, I even use the attenuator.  I also have an IC-756PROII . . .

Can I split the signal coming from the DC and send part of it to a frequency
converter to 10 meters and feed the receive antenna input on the 756?  This
would give me a nice visual display of the passband and possibly even a better
way to hear the signals as opposed to the 910's receiver.

Will this work and what commercial equipment would you suggest I use for the
splitter and the 2 mtr to 10 mtr frequency converter?

(another worry . . I am using 13.6 volts on the coax center conductor to power
the DC.  Will it pass through the splitter?  Will the 12 volts hurt the input to
the IC-756PROII ?)

Thanks.  Tracy Floren K7KCS  k7kcs@arrl.net