Re: Field Day antennas

Bruce,

My set up from last year is here:

http://webpages.charter.net/acito/

I ran my FT-847 barefoot with good success. Those are just standard
Cushcraft 440 yagi's... I offset them along their booms to give
"elliptical" polarization.

For this year, I was intrigued by Masa-san's (JN1GKZ's) set-up for an
extremely portable station:

 http://www.uk.amsat.org/small_ao-40.htm

...with a 2.4GHz and 435 helix feed on a dish.

I realize that feeding such a small dish at 70cm is not very efficient,
but what is the approximate gain of a af9y helix feed into a 30" or 1m
dish? If it's comparable to the small twist antennas at 11 db gain, I'd
rather manhandle one dish, than worry about a dish and a beam for FD.

Bill
W1PA