R: L1 orbit maybe interresting for HAM ?

----- Original Message -----
From: William Leijenaar <pe1rah@hotmail.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 4:27 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] L1 orbit maybe interresting for HAM ?

> Hi AMSATs,
>
> I just read about the ACE satellite which has a very special orbit.
> Its orbit is called L1, what is between the sun and earth gravity.
> The satellite stays at a fixed distance to the earth, while orbiting the
sun
> :-)
>
> I think this kind of orbit would be interresting for far distance
> communication :-) Not that far as P5A to Mars, but not that short as P3d.
>
> The only problem is maybe radiation, heat, and sun noise :-(
> Its just an idea...
>
> 73 de PE1RAH, William
> ---

Hi William PE1RAH,

Put by hand the following keplerian elements in your tracking program
and see what  happen  in a  "Apogee at Constant time-of-day  Equatorial" or
ACE orbit.

You will be very surprised about the performance of a ACE orbit

Some data of the following keplerian elements are not needed for
a modern tracking  program

Aslo read my article on this matter publiched in Radio Rivista 7/1989
derived from a study of  Andrew E. Turner and Kent M. Price of
Ford Aerospace -MSG-77 3825 Fabian Way- Palo Alto, CA 94303-4697 USA

Keplerian elements for simulation of a ACE orbit :

EPOCH YEAR                    1989
EPOCH DAY                      172.58333333
DATE   MM/DD/YY         06/21/89
TIME    HH:MM:SS.         14:00:00
INCLINATION                   0.2
RAAN                                 278
ECCENTRICITY                 0.4873233583
ARG OF PERIGEE              90
MEAN ANOMALY          180
MEAN MOTION               5
DECAY RATE                    1.6E-07
EPOCH REV                        1
SEMIMAJOR AXIS           14454.26194
ANOMALISTIC PERIOD  288
APOGEE                               15100
PERIGEE                               1030

73" de i8CVS Domenico