L1 orbit maybe interresting for HAM ?

Hi AMSATs,

I just read about the ACE satellite which has a very special orbit.
Its orbit is called L1, what is between the sun and earth gravity.
The satellite stays at a fixed distance to the earth, while orbiting the sun
:-)

I think this kind of orbit would be interresting for far distance
communication :-) Not that far as P5A to Mars, but not that short as P3d.

The only problem is maybe radiation, heat, and sun noise :-(
Its just an idea...

73 de PE1RAH, William
---