R: Re: AO-10 mode L/U

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
To: Ed Krome (K9EK) <71611.76@compuserve.com>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: AO-10 mode L/U

> >Ed K9EK
> >Oldtimer, I guess. Hell, I remember when "Mode J Club" on Oscar 8 was
quite
> >an accomplishment ......
>
> Nice reminder , Ed!!  There were about 200 of us as I recall...Soooo a
> Mode J reunion!!
>
> All mode J members still active send me your number (if you remember it!),
> but in any event your callsign, e-mail, and I'll compile a list...
>
> I'll send a message to all when we have a good off-point AO40 beacon+20
net.

> Impossible to find coverage for all involved, but I'll pick a time, es let
> all know, probably we'll wait until we go thru these "doldrums", but get
> your e-mails to me in preparation....ahhh the good ole days!!!
>
>             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
>                     Disagree: I learn....

Hi Dave WB6LLO ! !

I have in my hands one of your letters dated 18 November 1983
and signed by you !

Gentlemen:

ORBIT   319   REUNION  WAS  GREAT   ! ! ! !  !!    ! ! ! !  ! !

Tank you all for partecipating.  I realize the hour prevented
many from taking part, but access spanned normal working hours
for many.

Conditions were anything but ideal, and my low power didn't help.
Nick, Buzz and Joe helped put it toghether.

I didn't forget about you and the Mode J Newsletter, Larry procastination
prevailed, and i got started too late to let you know. The least i can do is
to give you the results.

Perheps Julian 319,  1984 ?

How about six days of QRP vice one ?

73 ,

Dave WB6LLO

W4BE           (ssb)                  Buzz
W6CG           (SSB & CW)    Bud
K6JEY           (SSB)                 Doug
WB6LLO       (SSB & CW)    Dave
KA6UCD      (SSB)                 Leanore
W8GQW       (SSB)                 Wray
W9HR           (CW)                  Al
W0CA           (SSB)                 Nick
WB0RLY       SSB)                  Joe
G1BBC           (SSB)                 John
G6TAG           (SSB)                John
i8CVS             (SSB)                 Dom

Dave,

I was member # 229 of MODE J CLUB  with certificate dated 5-3-82
proof of eight Mode J Communications Exchanges via OSCAR-8
Amateur Radio Satellite

I have sent a copy of it to you as an attachement in a personal email

Mode J Club was great and i have in my file all  Mode J Club Newsletters
and many letters sent to me by the editor Larry H. Roberts W9MXC

My first Mode J Club Newsletter is Nr 35 dated 2/24/82 and the last one
is Nr 62 dated 11/28/84

WELCOME ABOARD THE MODE "J" CLUB:

Nice to remember when life was so tender !

73" de i8CVS Domenico