Re: How far should one separate a LNA and its associated down converter, and Why?

> I also experienced 13ULNA preamp instability and solved it by putting
a 1"
> square piece of black anti-static foam in the DEM enclosure.  It was
about
> 1/4" thick.  My 13ULNA is connected to my downconverter through a
double
> male N barrel connector.

While I am digging up the QEX reference, can the same thing be
accomplished by putting additional shielding (a copper or brass plate)
immediately over the ULNA board, in close proximity? I worry about the
foam breaking down and shedding.

Bill
w1pa