Re: Video from imbedded correspondents

If they're in a fixed position, they're using Inmarsat, most likely
mini-M.  "Studio quality" audio

If they're moving or filing "spot news" sound bite-type reports, it's
Iridium, which has a distincitive (psk) sound.

I know of 5 NPR reporters who have Iridium phones. The Washngtn Post
has 'em too, as do others.

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC