Re: Video from imbedded correspondents

on 4/4/03 3:14 PM, Don Woodward at dbwoodw@alltel.net wrote:

> CNN's Walter Rogers with the 3-7th is using a mobile satellite phone with a
> dome antenna mounted on the roof of a old HumV. They also have what looks
> like a 90cm dish on the roof used for their stationary uplinks to a Ku
> broadcast bird.

On Fox, they showed the antennas for their "Video Phones."  The voice is
done by what looks like a small patch antenna.  The video is done by a
larger patch.  They can set up just about anywhere.

It's amazing.

I'd love to get one of their stationary KU systems and use the antennas for
amateur satellite use!  Those are slick.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden