DEM preamp seperation from Downverter

For the record;
    When I was disappointed in the performance of my 13ULNA preamp
installed just ahead of my 2400-144 DEMI mast mounted downverter (4'
cable seperation), a ham with identical equipment advised of greater
seperation. He found it greatly improved his performance to have 40' or
better of cable seperation.
    I moved the downverter into the shack (50' of cable) and now my
system hears very well indeed! And the downverter is much more stable.
    I was glad to throw away some of the gain in this fashion to achieve
overall greatly improved performance.
    Be your own judge.

K7YDL