Re: 8J1RF online log

 Scott Townley wrote:

8J1RF has an on-line log of sorts from his AO-40 activity at:
http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/4_Library/A-4-7_8j1rl/2003/2003RF_2-3.htm

Wayne replies:

I did a sort of the AO40 contacts and came up with some interesting data.
8J1RF made 312 AO40 contacts between 11 February and 16 March.
Here are the country totals:

133   Japan
63     Germany
22     France
8       United States
94     all other countries, mostly Europe

There were only 11 contacts with the Americas (8 USA and 1 each with Peru,
Venezuela, and Cayman Islands).  His location in Antarctica was grid KB92
which is south of Africa.  He had windows with the U.S. as indicated by his
contact with NX7U in Arizona.  But for some reason he made very few contacts
on this side of the Atlantic.  I wonder why?

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA