Re: Station logs etc

At 21:30 19/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>As a newbie on the birds I am now starting to wonder about some small items.
>
>For a station log what is normal.

< SNIP >

In the UK, we have what I consider funny regulations about logs on magnetic
media

< Quote from BR68F, the Amateur Radio Licence Conditions >

6(3) Where the Log is maintained:
on a magnetic tape, disc or other electronic storage medium, the magnetic
tape, disc or electronic storage medium shall be used only to keep the Log.
Where the Log is maintained on a magnetic tape, disc or other electronic
storage medium, suitable precautions should be taken to ensure that the log
is backed up.

< End Quote >

This infers that your log must be kept on a SEPARATE disk. So the primary
logbook must be on a floppy, and the backup kept on your PC. Unless of
course you have a separate hard drive for your log book. Would a small
partion on your main drive be counted as a separate drive?

Food for thought...

G4DMF
All outgoing EMail is checked with NAV 2002