Station logs etc

As a newbie on the birds I am now starting to wonder about some small items.

For a station log what is normal.  I keep a paper bound ARRL one for my HF,
but I am finding that most operators have the information at their
fingertips.  Therefore they must be using a computer one.  So which ones are
best......and do you print out a paper copy at say month end to make sure
you do not lose the log.  Software and operating systems being what they are
these days.  Maybe some general comments about what you do for logs......

Another question concerns the frequency.  What frequency do you show in the
log.  Transmitt or recieve.  Same with the QSL cards.....do you show
transmitt or recieve frequency....or does it really matter.

Am enjoying AO-40 right now.......have to try the others during the
eclipse..

Bill VE3NXK
FN05
www.almaguin.com