Instant Track with XP

W7US wrote:

Any way of running Instant Track on XP ?

W9AE replies:

I can run Instant Track on my XP computer.  The only problem is that the graphical tracking display only works in full-screen mode, which is kind of silly on my 1024x1268 pixel monitor.

The problem with running Instant Track in a window is not XP.  The problem is that the video card in new computers doesn't support the "archaic" method that Instant Track uses to create the map.

I was able to run the Instant Track map screen in a window on my old 90 Mhz Pentium PC that had a 2 MB Matrox video card.  But the super-duper 32 MB video card in my new computer doesn't allow the map screen to work in a window.

Franklin Antonio or Paul Williamson could explain it in far more detail.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA