Re: AO-40 antenna polarity switching question?

on 3/18/03 11:32 PM, James Nykiel & Linda Voci at janlmv@vcmails.com wrote:

> I currently have a M2 436CP30 antenna which I would like to use as my
> AO-40 uplink antenna.  I was recently offered the polarity switching
> setup for use with this antenna at a discounted price from a friend and
> would like to know if it is a worthwhile purchase?

Hi James,

If your plan is to work just AO-40 then, no, you do not need to switch
polarity.  OTOH, if you plan on working other satellites such as AO-7, FO-20
and FO-29, you would find the polarity switching to be quite beneficial.

73,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden