Re: 70cm helical antenna

>anybody using a helix on 145mhz with any success?
Jeff,
I used a homebrew helix on 145 many years ago....Oscar 7 & 8...My first
helix at that time was for 435..

But calculate the dimensions, and you'll be amazed how large a 7 turn helix is
at that frequency!  I discussed helices on the air with Dick Jansson,
wd4fab, and
I could hardly wait to build one....Like Topsy "it just grew"!!!  I think
Dick is
probably still laughing, fully realizing at the time that I would be in for a
surprise...But it performed very well....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....