Re: 70cm helical antenna

How about a homebrew helix?  It's really pretty easy...and pretty cost
efficient.  The only draw back from the 435 MHz helix is the weight
(depending on the size tubing you use for the helix).

Search around the web for G3RUH helix, and I think you'll find the
details/specs.

I've been using an 8 turn helix for several years...quite bullet-proof, and
quite forgiving on construction dimensions.

73,

Mark N8MH

At 01:36 AM 3/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>    I just started to playing with satellites.  Mainly VHF/UHF, so far I've
>played with the eggbeater with some success.  Sense I have a yaesu 5500
>rotor that I use for weather reception I decided to put a dual band
>cushcraft A27010 beam.  with some minor success.  What I would like to do is
>build a 70cm helical antenna that I can place on the yaesu 5500.  I'm
>looking for something like what SSB sells (helix 70)
>http://www.ssbusa.com/wimohelix.html.  I looked around the web but all I can
>find was for 1.2 gig and up.
>
>Thanks.
>Hector - N1TKK