Re: 123MHz on FT-847

Jon,

I Have calibrated my FT-847 S-meter at 144.1 MHz and it is non-linear!  I
get about 5 dB from S-0 to S-1 and less in other ranges.  For practical
discussions I have averaged it over S-0 to S-6 and come up with
4-dB/s-unit.  It would not surprise me find the FT-817 s-meter quite
different.  I do not rely heavily on it since it is simple lcd bar
meter...the FT-847 s-meter is more finely graduated. I get an est 18-20 dB
dynamic range on AO-40 which fits AO40_rcv2.0; I see a half s-unit noise
floor from the satellite that drops when pointed off the bird (low
squints).  My dish is 85cm offset fed with helix (25 dBic) and 0.6 dBNF
with 40 dB gain in the preamp.

Ed