Re: AO40 alon/alat is 30/0 as of 15 March

>The AMSAT-DL AO40 status page now reports that the AO40 alat is 30 degrees.

Wayne,
It does say that, but it is not yet correct.  As I reported here on
Saturday,  ALON/ALAT will be slowly moved toward 30/0 in the next week.  At
the moment we are only just a bit past ALON = 20.  I'll update the M-blk
when we more closely approach ALON=30 in a  few days.

>The good squint operating windows are now very short.  But signals get
>really strong above MA200.  Hopefully the transponder can be left on past
>MA230 soon.

We will extend the passband window up to MA =240 in the near future ( and
begin the passband later in the orbit ).  However, we will probably not go
beyond MA=240, as we need to make sure the batteries are fully charged
before eclipse.  Even at ALON =30, the squint deteriorates VERY rapidly
after MA =240.