Re: S/K Test Report 15 March 2003

In a message dated 3/16/03 6:54:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
charles.suckling@ntlworld.com writes:

> Conditions for this test were much more difficult than for the previous
>  one.

Ditto! I set up to monitor the test at my QTH in Vermont and sadly was unable
to even hear the beacon this time out. Squint got me.

>  Uplink tests again were only with the S1 receiver.  This time I tried two
>  different tx power levels, 7.5W as last time, and 900mW.

Charlie, can you tell me what the ERP was? I'm assembling a system with ~1kW
ERP linear on S1 and would like to compare numbers.

It appears from the S1 agc levels that you ran the 900 mW around MA 185?

I hope we can make an S1/k contact early this summer when squint again favors
us "K Banders".

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649